Thursday, December 8, 2016

November 28 - My Dad Turned 60 Today


Well. Coming back to an area is literally the weirdest thing.  I really just don't know how to feel about the whole thing!  But I am so grateful to be with Sister Streetman.  She is going to be my saving grace.  She is from Highland, Utah and went to Lone Peak same as Sister Hogge.  The person she trained is now with sister Hogge so our babies are together!!  This is her last transfer so we get to help each other out. We are super similar and getting along swimmingly.  Neither of us really know how to do this Sister Training Leader thing but we're figuring it out haha.  We already have a Zone training tomorrow and had literally 2 days to prepare for it, but I think we are going to pull it off!  With the help of the spirit. 

It's been a crazy week!  Monday I said goodbye to the Ewings and Randy and Tuesday we had a breakfast with brother Phillips.  Because of it being Stake conference on Sunday I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to everyone that I wanted to :( It was sad. but it's okay I will see them all again in time. 

Also I totally forgot to mention Kate last week!  She is literally the nicest person alive and drove us to transfers and just does everything for us.  Everyone needs a Kate in their life.  I love that woman. 

Sister Dearden and Sister Streetman
I lucked out because I walked right into a baptism!  Their names are Lashima and her daughter Imani.  They are getting baptized on Saturday!  Imani is 9 and is so full of energy!  She is hard to keep up with. They were tracted into by 2 sisters before.  They are super solid and I'm excited to see them be baptized!  It's funny though cause I literally didn't do anything but show up.  They are so awesome though.  We went into Primary for sharing time for a minute and Imani was answering all the questions!  She is darling. and Lashima is so ready.   

Thanksgiving was different, but good.  It just didn't feel like Thanksgiving at all! We went to a women's shelter and served Thanksgiving dinner to them.  It was really neat to talk to them.  I talked with one woman named Violet for a while and she was really interested in what we were doing.  Before they left she told me she was going to write about me in her journal that night.  Made my heart happy. 

We had Thanksgiving dinner with the Budays.  Mitzi Buday and her son were baptized earlier this year.  I actually was at Mitzi's baptism because it was combined with Latasha Horton's baptism who S. Tuala taught.  Like I said it's weird being here.  Her husband hasn't joined the church yet, but comes every week.  They are the nicest people ever.  It was just the three of them, us, and their friend Daniel.  It was a little different because I really don't know them at all but the food was good and we all shared what we were thankful for.  We ended up leaving the Budays much earlier than anticipated and we had no idea what we were gonna do.  Also I didn't get any pie at the Budays.  We tried all kind of things and it was literally turning into the worst day, but thankfully a new young family to the ward invited us over and guess what they had? PIE! And we played this really funny game with them.  It turned into a great day! 

Oh here is a funny story.  So we were tracting and then we see the Elders pull up in their car and they said that they would go somewhere else because we were there first. So a little while later we were seriously probably a half mile up the road by then and someone lets us in because it was freezing outside and they were nice and so we were talking to them and teaching them about the Book of Mormon when there was knock on the door... and guess who it was.  The Elders!  And Steven and Faviolla were like come on in!  So of course the Elders were so excited to be let in and then he opens the door all the way and they see us and literally their faces dropped it was so sad but hilarious.  So they left and it was just so hilarious.  So yesterday we split up the area so that won't happen again. hahah 
We are struggling to find people to teach, but working so hard.  We both can see there is so much potential here.  Keep praying we will be able to FIND this week. 

Also, our car is a mini van so just imagine me driving a mini van and that is bound to put a smile on ya'lls faces. 

Also Birthday shout out to my dad. he is literally the coolest guy I know. 60 years young and still kickin'

LOVE YOU ALL

Sister Dearden 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment