Sunday, November 27, 2016

Back to the Crazy Baptists


Transfer news: I'm going back to Raleigh and serving in the Falls Lake ward and becoming a Sister Training Leader.  I already served in Wake Forest which meets in the same building and also covered the Falls Lake ward for a week when I was in the trio after Tuala left.  Soooooo yep. 

I've pretty much cried the past two days.  I knew it was coming but change and saying goodbye just never gets any easier!  This area has been seriously amazing and I have seen so many miracles here.  The Alstons, The Ewings, The Galfords, the Collins.  I am just so filled with gratitude that for some reason the timing was right and I got to be here to meet these wonderful people. 

We had a lesson with the Galfords this week and Cole is set on being baptized! Sophi is still waiting for her answer.  I know it will come.  They are such special kids.  They just want to do good, and Sister Galford is so amazing for having the courage to just come back to church and bring her kids and just keep coming. Saying good bye to them was the hardest thing ever.  But I will be coming back for his baptism! And Sophi's soon to come.  

Thomas and Jamie joined us at Stake Conference this week!  I forgot to mention that Jamie is back and we got to see them. 

I'm going to miss Sister Hogge so much!  She has helped me so much and taught me even more than I have taught her.  Training was a breeze.  When I received the call to train I was nervous of course, but I felt at peace with it which is very unusual for me.  It was because Heavenly Father was assuring me that it was gonna be good and boy was it ever!  She helped me find the joy in the work again at a time when I desperately needed it.  We've laughed and cried and danced and sang and just had the best time.  She is an incredible example to me of kindness, love and compassion.  She just gets it.  She's going to do amazing!   

Favorite Moments of the week: S. Hogge and I jamming out dancing in the car at a red light and an old guy in his golf cart waiting to cross the road (cause it's Pinehurst and everyone drives golf carts every where), sees us dancing and starts laughing and points at us as he crosses the road.  We made an old guy laugh that day and it was awesome. 

We had dinner with Mack and Sharon at a Chinese buffet.  Seriously my favorite people ever.  When they found out I was being transferred they invited us over yesterday after noon for lunch.  Mack has the beginning stages of Alzheimers so he can be a little all over the place, but I love him so much.  He always tells a story of how he was given a book of Mormon by some Elders years ago when he was teaching school, so I gave him a copy of one and tears filled his eyes and he kissed it.  They want me to come back and bring my parents :) Seriously they are the most wonderful people. 

Pinehurst, you've been too good to me. I will miss you so much! But I'll be back soon :) 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment