Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Merry Christmas Ya Trunkies

Sorry this is going to be a short one today.  Hope everyone had a very merry Christmas!!  My highlight of the day was getting to talk to everyone of course.  Seriously thank you all so much for taking the time out of your busy day to talk, you don't know how much it means to me! 

We went caroling twice this week with some members of our ward to less actives.  Honestly I've never been caroling as much as I have these past couple weeks!  Imani came with us the first time and was right in the middle of everything and the first one to every porch.  She is so cute. 


We finally had a lesson with Danita!  She has been to church twice already and we haven't even taught her because of her busy schedule.  She had a day off finally and we were able to teach her.  She is AMAZING.  One of the most inspiring people I've ever met.  She has been through the ringer.  She lost every thing and wound up living in her car for 8 months.  Then her car was repossessed and she ended up in a shelter.  She is a nanny and was finally able to find a job and get back on her feet.  She had lost that job and had gotten behind and that's why she came to our church looking for help.  She had spent the 8 months in her car going to the library and looking for jobs and calling churches.  Our church actually called her back!  Anyways she has a job as a nanny again and is living in an apartment.  She lost her parents and her sister a couple years ago.  Yet she is so kind and so positive still.  She has such a strong desire to gain a relationship with Heavenly father and with Jesus Christ.  I am so excited to keep teaching her and I know she will be baptized. 

We also had Christmas Zone conference this week on Friday.  The first half until lunch was instruction by President James and Sister James and from lunch on it was musical performances.  I performed 3 times in it against my will.  I was recruited to play the Ukulele last minute, which I haven't touched in 16 months but it managed to work out.  Our zone performed a parady of "Baby it's cold outside" with the lyrics "Lady it's cold outside.”  Don't worry I have videos to share when I am home. 

My investigator Thomas in Pinehurst will be baptized this Friday at 6 pm.  I will be unable to attend and am trying to make peace with that. (mission rules can literally be the worst sometimes).  I am so incredibly blessed to have been able to knock on his door and have the experience of teaching him this restored gospel.  He was so ready. I can't take any credit. 

I love ya'll!

xoxo Sister Dearden 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment