Tell grandma and
grandpa I got their letter! first letter I've gotten in weeks. wanna
remind the family I'm still on a mission and still want to hear from
them?? :) I love
you!
Well folks it was quite the
week!! It was FULL of miracles. I
can't believe it is already December. I
just absolutely love this time of year!
If you haven't checked out mormon.org yet and watched the #LighttheWorld video I strongly
suggest you do and participate in the 25 days of service.
We managed to pull off
a zone training that we only had two days to prepare for on Tuesday. S. Streetman and I instructed on service and
charity and I got to share about some of my experiences serving in Lumberton. I want to share a quote that S. Streetman
shared;
"He (Christ)
loved in a way that perhaps only He and the Father really yet understand. But we are here to learn that, to learn to
love enough to give. On battlefields and
in hospital rooms and in the quiet heroic circumstances of unselfish devotion
to parent or child, it has been demonstrated for me that there are people who
have learned truly to love and sacrifice in His way. As we choose and follow a course of giving, of
caring, of graciousness and kindness, we come to understand that this is not an
optional element of the gospel; it is the heart of it. Decency and honor, unselfishness, good
manners, and good taste are expected of us. What really matters, after all, is what kind
of people we are, what we are willing to give. … This we decide daily, hourly,
as we learn and accept the direction of the Lord."
President said
something in MLC that really stuck with me and it was that we shouldn't just
rise to the occasion when we are called upon to do something and when that
calling ends just revert back to our old selves. I've really been trying to focus on what kind
of person I am becoming. Is my service
changing who I am.
Wednesday we finally
had another temple trip!! It's been
literally forever. I may still not
understand 99.9% of what goes on, I cling to that special spirit felt in the
celestial room, it is a peace like no other.
Back to Wake Forest
means, back to Baptist Seminary students! We met not 1 not 2 but 4 of them. All roomates.
It was actually the most pleasant
encounter I've had with them. They are
all in their 20s and studying to be Christian counselors. They were much more open, but we still had all
the usual discussion of faith/works, closed cannon, bible is all we need etc.,
but one of them is going to come to church next Sunday!
We also attended one
of their Baptist churches this Sunday morning. It was quite the experience and
a story for another day. 😁
More miracles: Alex
and Alexus two of our investigators came to church! They are the best friends of Shamiya who
Sister Tuala baptized a year ago.
A woman named Denita
showed up at church this Sunday looking for financial help. She had been to other churches in the area and
no one had given her help except ours. She
was there for Sacrament meeting. During
Gospel Principles the bishop pulled us out and introduced us to her and she
wants to learn more about our church!!! Literally
amazing. She is super sweet and prepared
and I am so excited to teach her!
I LOVE YOU ALL!
xoxo Sister Dearden
No comments:
Post a Comment