The title of this email is
pretty accurate because SISTER COLLINS GOT BAPTIZED. It was just incredible. We had the chapel filled that's how much this
woman is loved! I wish I could describe
to you the spirit that was in the building. The service was so wonderful. It started out with Brother Wadas giving the
most powerful talk on baptism I've ever heard. I don't know if I've talked about Brother
Wadas but he is seriously one of my idols. He has one of the strongest testimonies I've ever
seen. He joined the church 13 years ago.
He attended a Christian school where
anti-Mormon classes were everything and he literally hated Mormons. Then he met his wife, whose a Mormon. Long story short he joins the church and is
the 2nd counselor in the Bishopric. Seriously
you should hear this man speak!
Then, the ordinance of
the baptism. Sister Collins son, Logan
who is 17, performed it. There was hardly a dry eye in that room. It was one of
the most spiritual experiences I've ever had. It was so sweet, he had to do it twice because
she didn't quite get all the way under so after the first dunk, Brother
Collins, says, "That was so perfect, you said it all right, but we're
going to have to do it one more time." The image of Sister Collins and Logan in the
water with Brother Collins outside the font guiding his son on what to do was
just so precious. I couldn't help but
bawl my eyes out. After the baptism,
youth from the ward and Rockingham Branch (where the Collins are from) sang,
"As Sisters in Zion/Army of Helaman" Medley. Talk on the Holy Ghost.
and done.
The Relief society
sisters had gone all out with food and a cake and a slide show! Seriously guys,
this baptism was a huge deal! 20 years in the making. I still don't quite understand why we were the
missionaries that got to be here to witness her baptism. She's been taught and invited several times
over the years and finally her time was here. It's funny she said, "I think all my
family just about fell out of their seats when I agreed to take the
lessons!" She said herself she
really doesn't know what made her say yes, it just happened and now she's
baptized! A year from now their family
can be sealed for all time and eternity :) I've been praying my whole mission
to find a family and maybe I haven't found one yet, but I get to see one
completed! It's neat because nothing
will really dramatically change about her life, she's already a great person
and is more active than most active members. That change will be that authority, the
authority that gives her the Gift of the Holy Ghost and to call down the powers
of heaven.
The next Sunday her
husband confirmed her, Another incredible experience, AND her daughter Mollie
just happened to be giving a talk in Sacrament AND it was a missionaries
homecoming. When we got into gospel
principles after Sacrament Sister Collins said "I've been crying all
weekend.” It truly was such a spiritual
two days! Brother Collins said the most
spiritual weekend of his whole life.
Other Miracles: Had a
lesson with Sister Galford and just Cole, Sophi was out of town with friends. We challenged them to read the Book of Mormon
and mark all references to Christ (A Stake Challenge). He brought his quad to church and said, I've
already read 3 pages!
Sister Ewing. My dear
mother sent me an engraved quad to give to her because she had lost hers in the
divorce. Unfortunately she wasn't too
surprised because I had asked her what her middle name was and somehow she
caught on. When I gave it to her, she
cried and I cried! It is seriously so
wonderful to see the change that has come over her. She and her boyfriend and Alexys (her
daughter) all came to church!
All I can say is that
I know that this gospel is true and that the Church of Jesus Christ has been
restored to the Earth, by the Authority of God. I know this, because I have felt the spirit
too many times in my life to ever be able to deny that feeling. Warmth, comfort
and peace. Those feelings come when
there is truth being spoken and performed. This is the truth and it's changing lives, but
most importantly mine. I just love the
spirit I feel as a missionary and I feel like these past couples months I have
really learned to follow that spirit and become more in tune, and that really
all comes from having Sister Mendoza as my companion. She's helped me grow so much!
Transfers are coming
up so for those of you that I know have lots of letters for me send them to the
Raleigh address. I don't think I'm being
transferred but you really never know.
Love ya'll!
Sister Dearden
No comments:
Post a Comment