Loved ones,
It has only been one week but
man does it feel like an eternity! I
totally spaced telling you guys this, but we found out pretty last minute too.
Tuesday evening we received a "mini" missionary. Not sure if it was
the whole mission, but our stake at least had ages 16+ young men and women go
on mini-missions with missionaries all over the mission. Our mini missionary was Rebecca Larsen, a 17
year old from Sanford. If I didn't have
Sister Mendoza with me I don't think I would have made it! It was so hard to have someone with us who is
completely inexperienced and is just thrown into a busy mission schedule, but
somehow we managed! We actually had one
of the best weeks either of us had had on our missions.
Wednesday after
District meeting we had an appointment with a Bible referral Victorie and her
significant other Robert. Just after we had started the lesson their friend
Cindy walked in so she joined in too! It
was a bit of a hectic lesson cause we had us three, the member we took with us,
and them three. At the end it was me teaching Victorie over here, S. Mendoza
with Cindy, and our member S. Peavey with Robert haha Victorie and Cindy were
very interested and understanding, but Robert was having a tough time with the
Book of Mormon.
Wednesday evening we
had one of the most powerful lessons I have ever taught with our investigators
Tom and Melinda! We FINALLY had a sit down lesson with them and the best part
was Bishop Winkley was with us. The Spirit was literally so powerful I was holding
back tears the whole time. Sister
Mendoza and I both just knew that they are going to be baptized, but not in our
timing. We were both so in tune to the
spirit in this lesson it could be compared to when Ammon perceived the thoughts
of King Lamoni's father.
Thursday we had
another amazing experience. Remember Taylor? So we had a lesson with her on the
Plan of Salvation. I drew it out for her
on a white sheet of paper. She is so
sincere and really wants to learn this time since she feels like she really
didn't get it the first time. After the
lesson she said that she finally feels happy and hasn't felt that way in a long
time. She was so excited, she was going
to hang up the sheet I'd drawn for her on her wall as a reminder that "I'm
trying again.” It was seriously one of
the biggest answers to a prayer ever! You could just see that a wall had
finally come down and in that moment she could feel the spirit.
We had a lesson
scheduled with the Smith Family but they canceled last minute so we ended up
having a lesson with her mother Lisa Black and her husband came in at the end. We taught the Restoration and her husband came
in at the end to ask the question, "Why do you think your church is better
than all the others?" Well first of
all we don't think that. The difference is authority. There are wonderful,
Christ-like, incredible people out there that belong to every kind of church
there is or maybe they don't even belong to one or even believe. We testified to this man about the blessings
we have seen in our lives because of the greater knowledge the Book of Mormon
gives us. That there are greater blessings in store for us that our Father in
Heaven prepared for us by calling a prophet named Joseph Smith to restore these
truths. We didn't really convert him to
anything but it is my hope that he came away knowing that we do not think we
are any better than anyone else. We are
just like all human beings, trying to find our way to make it back home.
This week was
exhausting, hard, frustrating, yet so full of miracles and blessings. There is
so much I could have included but there just isn't the time. Heavenly Father is so aware of us and knows
how to carry us through.
Love Sister
Dearden
No comments:
Post a Comment