Well folks, I did it, I made
it to hump day! (For those of you who don't know hump day is the half-way point
in your mission, you've made it over the hump, get it?)
My new companion is
Sister Bobbitt! She has been out for 6 months, is from Tulare, California which
is in the central part. She actually graduated from BYU Hawaii with a degree in
Psychology! It has been really fun so far despite not having the best of weeks.
She knows her scriptures so well, which will really help us fend off the Baptists
;) Best part of transfers was seeing Sister Kandare and Sister West again!!! Oh
how I needed to see her. It was SO good. I love that lady so much and it is Sister
West's last transfer! Crazy how time
flies.
I don't have much to
report on this week, It was crazy getting back into the area after being in a
trio not in my area, but kind of. I had
some things planned, but as mission life goes the majority fell through. I am also considered the "senior"
companion now so that means I get to drive!! I was super nervous after driving only a handful
of times in 9 months, but it all comes back. We have this annoying thing in our car called
a Tiwi that monitors our driving and let's us know in a satanic voice that we
need to "check our speed" when we are driving. My good ol' Utah
driving is catching up with me and that thing goes off consistently.
Man do things change
in 9 months. It still is crazy to me
sometimes that I am serving a mission. I
think about where I was in high school to now and the change is drastic. I didn't like being around people or talking
with strangers. Just having to call someone on the phone gave me anxiety! I still have my moments of course, but very
far and in between. It is amazing what
our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ can help you accomplish. As most of you know, I had no desire to serve
a mission and it was very very hard for me to accept the Lord's will for me. But it is when we do that miracles happen. It's funny cause it is the hardest thing for
us humans to let go of our own will. Especially stubborn one's like myself. It is comforting to know that I am exactly
where the Lord wants me doing exactly what he wants me to do. I truly love this work and it has changed me
so much. I have felt a greater love and
light come into my heart that I never thought I could have. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is real and it
is something that I had such a small knowledge about until now, and I continue
to learn each day. Grateful to have 9
months left.
Love ya'll, Sister
Dearden
No comments:
Post a Comment