(Dear Readers, This blog post was supposed to be posted last week, and I thought I had done it, but obviously didn't. So it is out of order. TD)
Hey ya'll,
Hey ya'll,
This
week has been an absolute whirlwind. A
trying one for sure. To let ya'll know I
just dropped off my companion, Sister Tuala at the airport this morning! After lot's of prayer, pondering, and tears
she decided to go home a week early to attend the funeral of her Grandma. Not the easiest thing I've ever had to do, but
I was blessed to get the chance to stay in the mission home with her and drive
with her to the airport, and then show her how to check bags and print a
boarding pass :) She is currently on the airplane on her 10 hour flight to
Honolulu! Oh I how I will miss S.Tuala. We got along far too well, that's probably why
we had to be separated early. In the
good word's of S.Tuala "This relationship is toxic." She taught me
how to have joy in the work and it really is okay to be yourself and a
missionary at the same time. How the
most important thing is your personal relationship with your Heavenly Father. The mission is always, always worth it even if
it's not always your favorite. The
mission is not going to be the same without her. She spent a year of her mission in this area,
serving in this ward, the Wake Forest 2nd and Falls Lake and it was so neat on
Sunday to see how many lives she had touched with her Hawaiian self. I am currently covering the three wards in
Wake Forest with the Wake Forest 2nd/Falls lake sisters for the week until
transfers next Tuesday.
The big
news of the week besides all of that was that Alton was baptized on Saturday! It was a beautiful service and the most stress
free one. Our ward mission leader took
care of everything, we basically just had to show up! Some of Alton's family was able to attend as
well. After he went under the water, he
came up and was just smiling straight at his mom. It was such a neat moment. I am so grateful to get a front row seat to
see Heavenly Father help his children become eternal families! Alton is gonna
do a lot of good in this world. We are so excited for him.
Another
exciting thing is that our investigator Lynda showed up for church Sunday!! She
only stayed for Sacrament meeting, but I could tell she really enjoyed it. The
choir sang "I Need Thee Every Hour," and I could tell that she was
really feeling the spirit. We have a
lesson with her Wednesday and I am excited to hear more about what she
thought!
We also
had a Zone Conference this week where we received instruction on how we want to
make this mission a baptizing mission and double our baptisms, mostly by
increasing our faith. I'm not gonna lie
to ya'll I wasn't totally all for it, cause we can have all the faith in the
world and people are still not going to be ready and choose to reject. So I might not have that faith right now, but
I do have a hope. Afterwards, we were
able to go to the Duke Gardens! It was
absolutely beautiful! We also got to see
some of the campus and the outside of the chapel.
A good
portion of the week was spent in chaos as a lot of things were up in the air
and as we ran around packing and saying good bye to people, So I don't have too
much to report mostly cause my brain is fried with 4 hours of sleep. BUT I love the Lord. I love His work. I know that these next 9
months will be worth it. :)
Love,
Sister Dearden
No comments:
Post a Comment