Well I literally just talked to you, but I will fill you in onsome of the details of my week that weren't mentioned yesterday.
Monday we went to dinner with the McGannons, Karen her husband Mat, Jordan H. and Brittney for Brittney's farewell dinner at a place called "Kanki". It was identical to Tepanyaki. They even do the same onion volcano thing!
Tuesday we went out with Sister Jordan and actually visited 2 people!!! This was a serious success for us. The best was visiting Sister Young again. She grew up in Layton and was put off by "Utah Mormons" which is a real thing and I totally understand where she is coming from. She went inactive after high school and married a less active member. They have three daughters none of which are baptized. But one of their daughters is friends with a girl in the ward and she invited her to girl's camp! She is also reading the Book Of Mormon! There is such a great opportunity to see this family come back especially if they see the impact it will have on their daughter. Pray for them :) We also met with Brother Wellborn this week. He's what we call an eterna-gator. He is married to a member and they attend church quite often. He's read the Book of Mormon and just finished a biography on Joseph Smith, and is now reading the Doctrine and Covenants, and somehow still doesn't have a testimony of Joseph Smith!! His real intent is just not there. We had a super powerful, spirit led lesson with him on the Holy Ghost, prayer and how we receive our answers. Hoping something hit home for him.
I had my first exchange with my new Sister training leader, Sister Peterson! She was a trainer while I was being trained. We had a lot of fun! We went tracting and actually found some potential investigatros! We also encountered this Egyptian man who told us that because there were 12 apostles and they all went out and preached differently that's why there are so many churches. hmmmm not quite. Another exciting and absolutely disgusting thing that happened is we found the skin of a squirrel turned inside out on the side walk. YUCK.
Saturday Sister Bobbitt and I conquered our fears and went to a city event on the street to try to talk with people. For some reason it's easier to knock a door then walk up and start talking with people. But we finally just started handing out cards and it worked like a charm! First person we talked to: A Mormon from Layton Utah. Figures!
It was SO GOOD to talk with everyone on Sunday. I can't tell you how much I needed that. I appreciate so much everything you do for me and I'm sorry if I'm terrible at writing you and sending things, but just know that I really love you and am so grateful that you are my family. I love ya'll :) To my grandmother's, own mother, and sister's and sister-in-law's who are mother's, Happy Mother's Day! Ya'llare incredible examples to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment