HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! 🎃
Man how the time
flies. I can remember last years Halloween in Wilmington perfectly.
So have I talked about
Pearl? I can't ever remember. We went tracting a while ago and found her but
she wasn't interested. Very soon after
that we received a Bible referral for Pearl and it was the same Pearl! Very
weird. SO we stop by with the Bible but it's too small of print for her so we
ordered an extra large print one. It was really extra large but she really
appreciated it! We have just kept
stopping by her and talking at the door and finally this Tuesday we were able
to actually sit down with her. She
totally opened up to us about the trials she has been experiencing lately with
her family and how we have kept stopping by through all of it. We testified to her there was a reason we kept
going back to her! Last night we stopped
by her and her daughter and grandchildren were there. Another neat experience! Her daughter told us about her family's
struggles to find a church. They recently moved up toward Charlotte and have
been going from church to church and haven't found one that feels right for
their family. We told her all about our
church and that we would find the address for one nearest to her. Heavenly Father placed us at the right place
at the right time so this family could have an opportunity to find the church
right for them!
Wednesday I went on
exchanges to Pembroke with Sister Smedley. It was Sister Hogge's first time taking over
the area and she did great! She found 2
new investigators without me. So
basically she doesn't need me anymore haha I was so proud of her!
Another cool
experience. We were out Thursday night and everyone we tried wasn't home so
finally we just said a prayer asking that we would be lead to someone that we
could help tonight. Someone who needed our visit. After we sat there and I started going through
to gps again and S. Hogge suggested Sister Alston. So we start heading over there and I have a
bunch of doubts in my mind about it. But
I'm finally just like no I'm not going to doubt this, We prayed, Heavenly
Father gave us a name, I'm going to trust that this is right. And I just felt peace. We got to her house and she was home and she
let us in. She was a little flustered and said I wasn't prepared for visitors
but we were able to sit down with her and visit. It's been a really long time since we've been
able to do that with her! The spirit was super strong and we were just able to
share experiences and help her through the rough time she is going through. She said "I really needed this tonight,"
when we left.
Thomas unfortunately
is in the hospital :( He has CDIFF. We've
been to visit him several times this week. We went Saturday night after the ward trunk or
treat in our costumes. He got a kick out
of it! We told him he was Bowser haha. He
is the most positive person I've ever met. We had a great time Saturday night with him,
we just read 1 Nephi 8 with him and had a great discussion about it.
This week I found an
article on LDS. org called "The Perfect Lie". Holy cow that girl gets
it! I had such a spiritual experience
reading that article that I volunteered myself to instruct about it at the
upcoming zone training. Which I
literally would never choose to do, but the spirit said to and you can't say no
to the spirit. One of my favorite parts in it is:
“Christ never asked us
to give more than we have to give. Rather He asks, pleads, and invites us to
learn of Him, come to Him, trust Him, and let Him make us more than we are.
That brings me back to
one of Satan’s greatest lies—the perfect lie.
Did Christ say, “Be ye
perfect, even as I am?” Yes, He did. But He never said we needed to be perfect
today, tomorrow, or even in this life, and He definitely never said we needed
to be perfect all by ourselves, without Christ.
You see, Satan’s perfect
lie takes one simple truth, “Be ye perfect, even as I am,” and twists it until
we’re convinced that we need to live a life trying to be equal to Christ...
Nowhere in the
scriptures does Christ say that our efforts are inadequate. Never does He say,
“If you don’t work hard enough, you’ll never be enough.”
No. His truth and His
invitation is “Come unto me, for my grace is sufficient.”
For a perfectionist
like me, this was exactly what I needed to hear this week.
I love you all!
Sister Dearden
No comments:
Post a Comment