This week has literally been
the longest week of my life. SO Monday
we had a zone activity at a place called Fun, fun, fun. Basically like Boondocks, with batting cages,
mini golf, and arcade games. S. Hogge
and I killed it at guitar hero. After
that everyone headed over to Sonic to get shakes and play sand volleyball
because for some reason this Sonic had a sand volley ball court.(?) When we got
there they had somehow gotten the volley ball stuck up on the roof of the sonic
pavilion. There was a chain link fence
that an Elder used to climb up there but something shocked him so he came back
down and told everyone not to go up there. Well, Elder Bisbee-Dyke heeded him not and
decided to get up there anyways, he successfully got the volleyball down but on
his way down off the pavilion roof and onto the chain link fence he got
electrocuted! I had literally no idea what was going on I just saw his leg
dangling off the roof and a bunch of Elders ran and helped get him down. To make a really long story short, he ended up
breaking and dislocating his shoulder.
He is in our District
so it was especially traumatizing for us, but thankfully and miraculously he is
okay and still here! It was seriously
the craziest thing.
After recovering from
the trauma we went and saw Mary. She is
someone we volunteer with at Habitat For Humanity Restore. We've been talking to her there and basically
just invited ourselves over to her house. She is a fantastic lady and is looking for a
church! She has amazing stories to tell
about faith and healing, unfortunately she has so many stories to tell we could
hardly get a word in, but we are seeing her again tonight so hopefully we can
teach her a lesson.
Zone training was on Wednesday. I can't remember if I talked about this or not. While I was on exchanges with Sister Smedley I read the article, "The Perfect Lie" and got a strong impression that I should instruct at Zone Training about it. Normally just the zone leaders, district leaders and sister training leaders instruct. I really, really didn't want to, but figured if the spirit was telling me to I better do it. I'll attach the notes from my instruction. I added more to it while I spoke but that's the rough draft. I was sooo nervous to give it. It's funny how I can go into people's homes and speak with them with no problem, but put me in front of 30 missionaries and I'm a ball of nerves. But it was a really neat spiritual experience for me. I needed to learn those lessons and lots of people told me that it was exactly what they needed to hear. One of the Elder senior missionaries came up to me and said, "Consider yourself hugged, I needed to hear that." My eyes immediately filled with tears hearing him say that. It was a powerful zone training in general.
Remember Irene the
Buddhist lady? So we felt like we should
go see her on Thursday afternoon. When
we got there she was a little stand off-ish and said I thought we agreed that
you would call first (which that never was the agreement) and all this, but she
let us in anyway. Thank goodness she
did. She just unloaded on us all of the
things she has been going through and told us she had spent the day before just
crying. She has no one to talk to. She has a really crazy situation going on with
her family and also she had a lot of stress over the election. Like I told you before she spends a lot of
time on the computer reading about conspiracies and other information that is
probably not at all true. So we just
listened. and listened. Through all of
this it is bringing her back to Christ. We testified and encouraged her to do
more positive things and stay away from the computer. By the time we left she was in much higher
spirits and was so grateful we had come.
We had a lot of just cool
experiences of being in the right place at the right time. We were there
to visit a young disabled woman who's friends had bailed on her once again to
remind her that she still was valued and loved in the eyes of Heavenly Father. We had the right member at the right time join
us for a lesson with a man who is totally ready to receive this gospel.
Quote of the week:
"I love Mr. Trump, I didn't vote for him, but I love him."
No comments:
Post a Comment