Thursday, April 28, 2016

Sending Home a Missionary Part II

Transfer news: I will be staying in Wake Forest 1st and getting a new companion tomorrow!  I pretty much expected that so it wasn't a surprise.  I survived my very first trio for a week!  Although it was absolutely crazy considering it was totally last minute and there was no planning or preparation, we survived.  Since I was living in their apartment and all three areas are huge we weren't able to do much work in my area, but I did my best to do my best. Our priority was Alton since he was just baptized so we were thankfully able to meet with him twice and he received the Aaronic Priesthood on Sunday!  So, so good. 

I honestly don't know what to say about this week!  It was probably the most exhausting one of my mission trying to balance three wards.  One of the highlights was an investigator named James that the Sister's are teaching.  He is incredible!  They have taught him once and he has already read 12 chapters in the Book of Mormon.  He is a neuro-physicist and his knowledge of science has only deepened his testimony of God.  He is a seriously intelligent guy and so elect!  He has a very great understanding of all other religions.  He was very interested in the Book of Mormon because the verse in Revelations has always bothered him, the one where it talks about not adding anything to the Bible.  He said that truth can’t be limited.  Like I said this guy was awesome!!  It was so fun to teach him. We taught the Plan of Salvation and he was in agreement with all of it especially in that he didn't like the idea of the Baptists belief of either heaven or hell and if you don't accept Jesus in this life than too bad for you. 

Brittney's farewell was also this week! This week was just full of changes. Ugh. But it's ok.  You gotta learn to roll with the punches.  I have grown to have a great friendship with her and I will miss her so much!  Thankfully she is serving in Utah so we might could "accidently" bump into each other :) 

I have to tell you how amazing my ward mission leader and his family are! So Jordan is his daughter who goes out with us all the time, was my companion for most the day Sunday so the sisters could go to their meeting and I could go to mine.  Not only that, Sister Henderson made me crepes, my favorite breakfast and she had never made them before!  Tender mercy of the week hands down.
This ward is truly amazing and I am very excited to get to stay another transfer!!  Pray my new comp is a good one and can handle all these Baptists.

Something that I've been learning is that literally no one is perfect and we all have weaknesses.  You're probably like "Duh Hayley everyone already knows that," but the important thing is that we accept and love people regardless of those things.  Especially as I've lived with different people 24/7 or even just gotten to know different people you can see that yes, people are weird, they do weird things that might be annoying or not the nicest or not always Christ-like, but it's okay cause we are all learning and growing and progressing in the gospel in our own way.  It has helped me to see that despite my weaknesses and shortcomings our Heavenly Father and our Savior love and accept me. 

Everything in my mission has definitely been for my benefit and growth.  I have been pushed, pulled and stretched when I definitely didn't want to be and this was definitely a stretching week.  But the Lord is always merciful and always so mindful. 

Love, Sister Dearden

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment