Friday, March 13, 2015

happy things


TODAY IS A GOOD DAY

Wanna know why? 

happy thing #1 Well, first it's officially spring break. This past week was definitely not a fun one, with three work shifts, one until two am, three mid-terms, and my former roommate visiting it was pretty hectic trying to get it all done. But we made it! (fist pump)

happy thing #2 It's my 19th birthday in a week! I got really lucky this year and my birthday lands on a Saturday and during spring break.  I'm super excited to spend the day with my family. And to eat cake.  And get presents. Of course. 

happy thing #3 Found out today that my mission call has been assigned! I am ECSTATIC. I can't even express to you the excitement and apprehension I feel. By this time next week I'll have a mission call.  I am so gosh dang excited to find out where the Lord plans to send me for 18 months. 

happy thing #4 THIS WEATHER.  I have always loved spring, maybe cause my birthday is the first day of spring :)  I am always so happy when Utah decides to let us have one, which is not very often.  Of course we sort of just skipped over winter this year, but hey, you take what you can get.  I'll take riding with my windows down in 60+ degree weather in March any day. 

happy thing #5  I am just about to leave on a church history trip to Palmyra, New York. I am really excited to see where the restoration of this gospel took place.  I know that it's going to be a great, spirit-filled, testimony-building trip and a perfect opportunity to learn about the gospel before my mission.  

It's a good life folks. I need to realize that more often. 


And sometimes you gotta put on some hot pink lipstick and wear a triangle shirt cause you are feeling happy. 

 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment