Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! 🎆 It definitely didn't feel like New Year's Eve. Pres. had a new rule this year we had to be in by 7:30. pm We had dinner with the Budays, gumbo, and played a fun card game called "pass the trash". After that it was a pretty uneventful new year's eve.

In terms of missionary work this week was not the best, but we have a whole bunch of appointments set up for next week so pray that they won't fall through!!

With the start of the new year it always gets people thinking about goals and resolutions and things they want to see happen in the next year. I've had a lot of thoughts this past week and it can be adequately summarized with this quote: (I told you I am a little obsessed with Howard W. Hunter)

"The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the divine plan for that spiritual growth eternally. It is more than a code of ethics. It is more than an ideal social order. It is more than positive thinking about self improvement and determination. The gospel is the saving power of Jesus Christ with his priesthood and sustenance and with the Holy Spirit. With Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and obedience to his gospel, a step at a time improving as we go, pleading for strength, improving our attitudes and our ambitions, we will find ourselves successfully in the fold of the Good Shepherd." - Howard W. Hunter

For 2017 I just want to see continuing spiritual growth in myself and for others. Just a step at a time and improving as I go. This gospel is so true and it is so simple. I know that happiness can only be found when we are pursuing the things of God.

Thank you for your love, support and your examples!

xoxo Sister Dearden.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment