I don't have a lot of time today because we
are going to an activity in Fayetteville so forgive me if this is short.
Fun things: Brittney Hayman
from Wake Forest came to visit and we got to have lunch! It
was so good to see her and she is about to go back out on her mission to Utah
in about a month.
-We found two new investigators this
week! Seriously a miracle right there.
1st Sharon. We found her tracting and have been stopping
by every once in a while but she never had time for a lesson. We told her about the women's conference and
she set it to record and she actually watched it! This week we caught her at just the right time
and we had time for a lesson with her. She
is seriously an awesome lady and has so much faith in Jesus Christ. You could really feel the spirit as we taught
her.
2nd Irene. Another person we found tracting, but she
didn't have time so we went back. This
was a very interesting lesson. Irene was
raised Christian but in a very abusive household so at 17 she left home and
Christianity and has now been Buddhist for the past 40 years. It really threw me off because I've never
taught or even met a Buddhist before. She
still feels a connection to Jesus Christ though and has experiences with Him
that she can remember. She had lots of
questions for us some I really didn't know how to answer. She gave us some juice so whenever she asked a
really difficult question would just sip my juice to think of an answer haha
She is really sweet though and has a lot of potential! She just has some
odd beliefs. Out of no where she brings
up how she was reading about how there are some humanoid creatures that live
inside the Earth during the time of Atlantis and have hid from humans because
we're too violent but they have started to emerge from the Earth and want to
teach us how to be peaceful. I have
really perfected my poker face on my mission cause we just sort of nodded and
said, "Well never heard of that one before!" haha but we gave her a
Book of Mormon and she said she would read it! We'll see where it goes!
It is going to be an interesting
next couple weeks. Our Stake has canceled church meetings for the
next 4 weeks, except for a short Sacrament meeting at 8 am in our work clothes
and then we're going down to Fayetteville to help with the clean up.
This puts a real damper on our missionary work cause nobody will be coming to
church AND Thomas and Jamie won't be able to be baptized for the next 4 weeks
either. But just gotta trust this is all
in God's timing!
Not so fun things: Sister Hogge got
food poisoning this week and was really sick for about 2 days. :( Very sad but
thankfully she is feeling much better! I got to play nurse.
I'm super thankful for Sister Hogge
she has come to be my companion at the exact right time. We have been through very similar experiences
and we can relate to each other so well. We both have developed very strong testimonies
of the Atonement.
I have come to feel the power of
love of Jesus Christ so strong in my life. I went through a very difficult time before my
mission. I had made many mistakes and
was carrying around so much guilt.
"And it came to pass
that I was three days and three nights in the most bitter pain and anguish of
soul; and never, until I did cry out unto the Lord Jesus Christ for mercy, did
I receive a remission of my sins. But
behold, I did cry unto him and I did find peace to my soul.
9 And now, my son, I have told
you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no
other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ.
Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the word of
truth and righteousness."
I can testify to you that the
healing power of the Atonement is real and I have felt that peace to my soul
that come only when I turned unto my Savior. It was painful, and hard, and it took a lot of
tears and prayers but it's oh so worth it. Because now I am here sharing the peace that
His Atonement has brought me with others who are seeking for it.
Love ya'll,
No comments:
Post a Comment