Alright, so this week was
pretty rough in terms of finding and teaching and all that jazz. We were both really exhausted. We were just struggling this week. As all missionaries and other humans do. But it is a new week!
We saw Thomas and
Jamie twice this week. We were a bit nervous because we had to tell them
that we had to change their date to a couple weeks later since they weren't
able to attend church, but they took it so well! Thomas said "I don't care if we have to
move it to January 2017, I'm willing to do whatever it takes.” We went over and just read the Book of Mormon
with them and asked if they had been praying to know if it's true. Thomas said that he has been praying
throughout the whole thing and that he knows that it won't come as a sign, but
that it will be a feeling. He said he
woke up yesterday morning and felt in his words, "Bubbly" haha we
said that's the spirit! Unfortunately
they were supposed to come watch conference with us but never answered our
calls. Please keep them in your prayers!
We had first transfer
training this week which is a training meeting for all the trainees and their
trainers. Had to be up at 5:50 😪 and we didn't get home until
5pm. It was kinda funny because some of the things were exactly the same
as my first transfer training meeting, but still lots of new things. I have a love/hate relationship with training
meetings because it helps me see all the ways I can improve but then I feel
guilty because I haven't been doing the things they taught for my whole
mission. But hey, we're all still
learning. I'm a little jealous of Elders
cause they get those last 6 months to really perfect things. I feel like I'm finally going to get the hang
of everything and then I'll go home. Typical ✌
It was a week of
roadtrips for us because the next day we had to drive up to Raleigh to fix our
Tiwi. The little demon box that yells at
our driving. It had been broken for a
couple weeks and they called us two days ahead to ask us to drive up to Raleigh
to get it replaced. But we made the most
of it by stopping for Ben and Jerry's on the way home!
Of course the big news
of the week was CONFERENCE! Did any body
pick up on the fact that literally everyone spoke about repentance? Or maybe that was just a shout out to me 😬 Who
knows. But I really enjoyed it. It was all about becoming one with the Savior.
There can be no more fence sitters. No more just doing your duty and going through
the motions. We have to start making a conscious
effort and a deliberate choice to stay on the path. We have to change and that is what this gospel
is all about. Repentance. It was repeated over and over again. We CAN be forgiven. We Can be clean and be relived of guilt. We CAN feel joy. I especially loved President Nelson's talk
about Joy. He said,
"Joy is powerful,
and focusing on joy brings God’s power into our lives. As in all things, Jesus Christ is our ultimate
exemplar, “who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross” Think of
that! In order for Him to endure the
most excruciating experience ever endured on earth, our Savior focused on
joy!"
This is the Plan.
God's plan for us includes us having to repent. We have to just keep trying. God does love us no matter what, but he has a
plan for us. I also loved the talk by J. Devn. Cornish.
"The answers to
the questions “Am I good enough?” and “Will I make it?” are “Yes! You are going
to be good enough” and “Yes, you are going to make it as long as you keep
repenting and do not rationalize or rebel.” The God of heaven is not a heartless referee
looking for any excuse to throw us out of the game. He is our perfectly loving Father, who yearns
more than anything else to have all of His children come back home and live with
Him as families forever. He truly gave
His Only Begotten Son that we might not perish but have everlasting life!
Please believe, and please take hope and comfort from, this eternal truth. Our Heavenly Father intends for us to make
it!"
We're all good enough
and we're all gonna make it guys! God is good.
Love ya'll
Sister Dearden
No comments:
Post a Comment