Hey ya'll! So if you haven't
heard the news, I am now serving in Pinehurst! Which apparently is a pretty big
deal to you golfer lovers out there. There
are courses literally EVERYWHERE. And
the US open was here. No te precupas.
People in Pinehurst got some $$$$ which means everyone lives in gated
communities which means no tracting here! But thankfully our area is huge so we cover
the surrounding cities of Aberdeen, parts of Southern Pines, Carthage,
Taylortown, and a bunch of others. It's crazy huge. But we have a full time
car #blessed Seriously the biggest tender mercy of my life.
We don't have near enough miles to cover our area, but we have a car all time
and that is enough for me!
We actually live with members
in their basement! Their house is massive. But we just have a room and bathroom in the
basement. Their names are the Winkley's
and they have 7 kids so it is always busy. It is definitely different! But it has been
good so far.
My new companion is
Sister Mendoza, she has bounced around from being a English missionary, to a
Spanish missionary, and back to English! She was in my zone in Wilmington for a
little bit. She came out the transfer before me. She is from Pasadena,
California and surprisingly went to the U! Studying political science, she wants to be a
lawyer . So far things have been good. There's always an
adjustment period getting into a new area and with a new companion. OH and
she's Vegan!! Hoping these pounds will start to come off now ;) The family we
live with is also Vegan, haha. We have
seen a lot of miracles this week!
Monday was my last day
in Wake Forest Sad day. I was able to see Lynda that night
and it was awesome! She is figuring out her answers to her concerns and literally
said, "I wanna be Mormon ya'll!" SO. good. I will hopefully be
attending her baptism this August.
Tuesday was transfers!
Always a crazy day, but I was able to
see Sister West off cause she is now home! I was surprised to see that my ride to Pinehurst
was first of all a non-member and also not an investigator and also a witch.
haha Apparently her best friend is Mormon in Durham and that's how she met the
missionaries. She isn't taught by the missionaries, but does things with us all
the time! It was quite the enjoyable
ride and she took me to Noodles and Co. for lunch so yeah she is a winner. Her name is Kate and she has 27 cats, 8 dogs,
3 birds, and a plethora of other animals. She's great! Also my first night here in Pinehurst we had a
lesson with two investigators! They are a couple, Tom and Melinda. They are in
their 40/50s and the sisters met Tom tracting, had a lesson with him and then
Melinda joined later. We also had a
couple from the ward joining us there. I
can say I didn't contribute much to the lesson cause with lots of people there
is lots of talking, but the spirit was there! They are very active in their
Methodist church, but also very open.
Wednesday I met our
other investigator Laura! She actually lives in the Southern Pines area, but
for some odd reason we are teaching her cause they took Elders out of Southern
Pines, but now the Elders are backs so I'm not really sure what is going on. Laura has been investigating for over a year
now and guess what? She's a vegan!!! hahaha If this is a sign from Heavenly Father that I
need to be vegan I'm not sure! I like ice cream way too much. Anyways, Laura is incredible sweet and kind. She is a massage therapist and she has this
peaceful way about her. She has a
testimony of the gospel, but she is living with her boyfriend :( She needs a
lot of prayers coming her way!
This week we were
really able to see the Lord's hand in each day directing us where to go and who
to see. We had two incredible experiences stopping by Less Active members and
it was just what they needed and they are totally ready to come back. Heavenly Father is so good at His job.
This ward just got a
brand new bishopric and the new bishop just happens to be Bishop Winkley who we
live with! We are really working on our
members right now to get them to get out of their comfort zone a little bit and
invite others to learn about the gospel (sound familiar?:)) WE NEED YOU
MEMBERS! The bishopric is so on top of
it! I am so excited to see the growth
that will happen in this ward as we learn to work together. It is an exciting time to be in
Pinehurst!
Tender mercy of the
week: Tracting in the 97 degree heat literally dying, then someone's sprinklers
come on. You better believe we ran through those things!
Love, Sister
Dearden
NEW ADDRESS:
89 Stoneykirk Dr. Pinehurst, NC 28374
If you could pretty
pretty please mail me or even just email me pictures of kiddos, what ya'll have
been up to lately, anything, I would really appreciate it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment