Monday, February 22, 2016

We eat ice cream every day...

Hey Ya'll! 

Sorry I didn't get to emailing yesterday (President's Day). We had  a "snow storm" and EVERYTHING was closed. I'm sorry to any of you North Carolinian's reading this, but ya'll are wimps! haha There was maybe 2 inches of slush on the ground and the kids were out of school. It was pathetic. Luckily, we had already planned to switch our preparation day to today so all is well.

It was a crazy week so I will try to sum it up in what little time I have today! It's funny that you ask about our apartment. SO it has been real cold this week. Like really cold. Saturday night, our heat went out right before we were going to bed. Sunday morning, it was freezing and we had no hot water! We made some quick phone calls and our amazing ward mission leader and his wife came, picked us up and took us to their house to shower. We also  had two members give us portable heaters. We called our landlady and she just told us that everything was frozen and just to "pray". haha When we made it back home Sunday night we had water back, but still no heat. So being the bright young individuals we are, plugged in both of our heaters into our bedroom so we would be warm! WRONG. The power goes out in our bedroom and other bathroom. At this point we are done haha and just go to bed. Monday morning we call our landlady again and she sends over a neighbor to help us get our heat and power back. We were unable to get it back on ourselves because the power box was behind a door in the back of our apartment that had been painted shut. SO we now have hot water, heat and power. hahaha it was an interesting week. This apartment has had these problems before and is also not in the best of areas.We are picketing to be moved. 

Besides all the excitement, we had a really good week! Monday we had a district activity and went ot one of the museums in Raleigh. There are several and it was a lot of fun. We had an absolutely incredible lesson Tuesday night with Tracy, the girlfriend of our investigator Louis. Louis was sick so we just taught the restoration to Tracy. She is fantastic! So totally prepared by the Lord. Sister Tuala recited the first vision and afterwards, Tracy goes, "Then what happens?? You got me in shock here, I need to know!" haha She was SO excited to receive a Book of Mormon and says that "This is going to help me fill in some of the gaps from the Bible". Yes! That is literally what it does! It was just so amazing. She reminded me a ton of Babbs as she just ate up everything we said. I can see a baptism in the near future.

Wednesday we found an awesome new investigator! Her name is Diamond and she is 16. She was not super interested at first, but as the lesson progressed you could tell she was definitely feeling something. By the end, she said "Ok you got me, I'm really interested in this!" It was neat. I'm really excited about her. Unfortunately, she hasn't gotten back to us whether we can meet this week or not, so pray that we can!

Tender Mercy of the Week: Saturday we were out all day walking around in the freezing wind and no one was home. We had tried to call some people for a ride back to our apartment with no luck, so we just started walking back. I was trudging along singing "let it go" from frozen cause you know we were freezing and a car pulls up and it's someone from our ward offering us a ride! The Lord is so merciful.

Also, the bible bashers canceled our dinner appointment.

Oh we also had interviews and Zone Training this week! I was a little iffy about our zone at first, cause I don't really know anyone else, but it's definitely going to be a good one! 
I also finished the Book of Mormon today! I have gained such a strong testimony of that book. Our interview with president was very focused on the Book of Mormon and he asked us what 3 scriptures would we hate to have to live our life without. I don't know if these are necessarily THE 3, but they were the 3 that I didn't want to live without that day. 

Ether  27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

 32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

Mosiah 4:9
 9 Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.

We lost a Sister Missionary in the field this past week. Sadie Wells, serving in Pennsylvania. She went to my high school and was in some of my classes. I never got to know her very well, but she was very kind and always wore the best socks. She must have been one heck of a missionary to be called home to continue her service. Sending prayers and love to her family. 

Love, Sister Dearden 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment