Monday, February 29, 2016

Don't go with a woman to have their hair done

Hello! 

If you would have asked me how the week went Saturday night, I would have said it was worst ever.  But the Lord just has a funny way of making things work out how they are supposed to and Sister Tuala helped me realize this. We had a great week set up with lots of appointments with our investigators and every single one canceled. Pretty sure I've talked about weeks like this before, am I right? It can be so frustrating sometimes! You set things up, get members, make plans, but then the Lord says something like, "Thanks for showing me your willing to work, but I need you to go visit these people instead." It was really neat on Sunday when we attended Ward Council.  First of all it is amazing in itself that this ward has ward council every week.  But after we gave our account of the week to the ward, the bishop and relief society president had had those members that we were able to visit this past week on their minds! 

So Tuesday was our P-Day cause we did a switcharoo so we could get our hair done for free.  However we went with a member in the ward who was getting her hair done too. WARNING: NEVER GO WITH A WOMAN TO GET HER HAIR DONE.  It takes hoouuurrrss. So that was the gist of our P-Day haha. That evening we had a lesson planned with Tracy, but she canceled.  After trying a couple people we asked Sister Close, who was with us, who she though we should see.  She said a less active sister, Ajia.  After knocking on a couple of wrong doors, we found her!  We had a good visit and she mentioned how glad she was that we stopped by! 

Wednesday evening we met with Angela and Mike Perry again! Angela is an inactive member and Mike isn't a member.  We had Jordan Henderson with us who is a recently returned missionary.  We had originally planned for a restoration lesson, but the spirit led us to Plan of Salvation. It was incredible!  Mike's mother had recently passed so it made it that much more meaningful.  The spirit was so strong, where you just feel warm all over the whole time. We are going to meet with them regularly!  At the end of the lesson Sister Tuala said, "We just want to help you make your family eternal." That is truly what this work is all about. 

Thursday Sister Tuala died ugly. hahaha She has been having really bad congestion with a constant runny nose ever since we got to Wake Forest, she has really bad allergies, but no allergy medication has helped.  It sort of hit a pinnacle on Thursday and after our work out in the morning she zonked out until about 3 in the afternoon!!  I had her call the nurse after she woke up.  She is doing better, but we still can't really figure out what it is. Thursday evening we had a very similar situation to what happened Tuesday.  We had an awesome lesson planned out to teach a friend of one of our members!  She canceled.  So instead we went to see a less active sister and it went really well!

Friday we had a busy day, we went to see the Harness's and they took us out to lunch.  I think I've mentioned them before. They are a less active couple who have recently started to attend Sacrament meeting again. They are a hoot!  We told them about our apartment issues, and they took us over to get some Mace haha Sister Harness, Sister Tuala and I were sitting in the car in the parking lot waiting for Brother Harness as the car starts rolling! Haha, I was just like "Uh I think the car is rolling." It was like in slow motion! All of us just sat there for a second not knowing what to do, Sister Tuala starts unbuckling her seat belt like she's going to jump out and stop it, and Sister Harness just grabs the wheel from the passenger seat hahaha She finally puled the break and we stopped and she got out and moved us back into a parking spot. We all died laughing! Friday evening we were also able to attend a baptism!  Back in October, Sister Tuala and Sister Smedley baptized two teenage girls and their mother now was baptized on Friday! It was so special to see her follow in her daughter's example!  Such a great family. 

Saturday I attended my first sealing!  Sister Tuala and Smedley were working with a less active couple in the other ward, and they got sealed on Saturday.  It was kind of funny since I didn't know them and they didn't know me, but it was still really neat to finally see one.  Such amazing blessings are promised!  I also received more insight on the covenants in the temple.  I am excited to get to go back again in April. 

This email is far too long and I know only a handful of you will actually make it through this thing.  I love you all and I am grateful for you in my life!

Love, Sister Dearden 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment