HELLO.
So in case you haven't
heard yet I am now in Wake Forest 1st Ward! It's super funny cause Sister Michael's
first area was Wake Forest 2nd. So tender moment there. Anyways, my new companion is Sister Tuala! She is so much fun. She was born and raised in southern
California, but moved to Hawaii after graduation and her family now lives
there. She has two transfers left so
this will most likely be her last area. I
don't know why I keep getting to know and love people and then they leave. It's fine. Sisters have
not been in the area for the past 6 weeks so we are reopening the area. I had no clue of this fact until we were in
the car with the member taking us to Wake Forest haha, but luckily for me
Sister Tuala has served here before for about 5 weeks until she had to be
emergency transferred. She also served
in the Wake Forest 2nd and Falls Lake wards. She just can't get out of Wake Forest! haha
But I am really blessed because it would be sooo much worse if both of us were completely
new to the area. Also, Sister Smedley is
in the other ward!! And Sister Tuala trained Sister Smedley. haha so we've all
been companions with each other! (Parent
note: Sister Smedley was Hayley’s
companion in the MTC) Our ward
boundaries are HUGE. We cover Wake Forest, Youngsville, Franklinton, Creedmor,
and maybe some others. You were right
Dad, Wake Forest is home to the Southeastern Baptist Seminary. It is literally down the road from our
apartment. So, that makes things very
interesting here. haha I have reached the land of the Bible Bashers. It is actually illegal to tract in Wake
Forest. They literally made a law
because they were tired of the Mormons knocking on their doors. So that gives you an idea of what this area is
like, but we've tracted anyways and so far no police called on us!
So last Monday, we
went to Mayfair and I got to go inside a J. Crew again and I didn't buy one
thing! You should be so proud :) Then we ran around like crazy people saying
goodbye to people. Had to say good-bye
to Leslie and Kenny and then Sister Kandare. ROUGH. But
I know without a doubt I WILL see them again. I just have to. Tuesday Sis. McGill took us out to breakfast
and Sister Francis came and took me up to transfers! Saying goodbye to Sister Michael was a whole
lot of (note: here there were crying
emojis) on both sides. But
don't tell Sister Michael I told you cause she doesn't cry.
The first couple days
here were spent trying to figure out what the hey we are doing haha. Putting phone numbers in the phone, address's
in the GPS, going over the area book, etc. There are lots of people to follow up on and
lots of potential! I am really excited
about this area even though it's going to be hard!
The ward here is
AMAZING. I have no words. Our ward mission leader has to be the best one
in all of North Carolina. We have
coordination EVERY WEEK at his HOUSE and they feed us BREAKFAST. You just don't know how amazing that is. He is just an awesome ward mission leader. He could be the one that they use as an
example in church videos he is just that good. The ward here is so missionary minded. We had Ward council on Sunday and I was blown
away. Best ward council I've ever been in. Granted I've only been in one other, but this
one was incredible. All focused on missionary work. The ward is also just about the size of our
one back home, with a huge youth. I am
just so excited!!! There is some serious potential here especially as we work
with ward members, we are gonna see some miracles!
I know that I was sent
here for a reason and especially to be with Sister Tuala! I love her already. We've got some work to do here in Wake
Forest.
I had not 1, but 3
encounters this week where I had the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon
questioned. Most people here refuse to
believe in anything outside of the Bible, but they won't even read the Book of
Mormon! The Book of Mormon literally
proves the Bibles validity.
Mormon 7: 8-9
"..lay hold upon the gospel of Christ, which shall be set before you, not
only in this record but also in the record which shall come unto the Gentiles
from the Jews, which record shall come from the Gentiles unto you. For behold, this is written for the intent
that ye may believe that (the Bible); and if ye believe that (the Bible) ye
will believe this also; and if ye believe this ye will know concerning your
fathers, and also the marvelous works which were wrought by the power of God
among them."
The Book of Mormon
does nothing to discredit the Bible. It
doesn't take it's place, or stand any higher. It represents the fullness of the Gospel of
Jesus Christ on the earth today. It
gives us more knowledge and truth that was lost from the Bible throughout the
centuries. I don't know about you, but
that is something I would want to know about! It is just so interested to come in contact
with people that refuse something so good. Agency is a real thing people.
Love, Sister
Dearden
Ps. OH by the way I've
been out 6 months. WHAT
No comments:
Post a Comment