Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Tom Dearden Fan


Hey wonderful people back home! 

SO I have a new companion!  Sister Michael, she is the BOMB.  We are getting along swimmingly and she is so hilarious.  I haven't laughed this much my whole mission.  Her doppelganger is Evangeline Lily, (Kate from Lost).  She has been out 14 months and is from Los Angeles, California.  Also, she saw pictures of Dad and now she is his number one fan.  She enjoys his fluffy hair and frequent rollerblading escapades.  It is weird not being trained anymore, but it is really nice!  I finally feel like we are both equals and contributing the same amount.  It is really good!  And since I'm the one who knows the area and the people I've had to take on more responsibility.  It has really boosted my confidence in knowing that I do actually know what I'm doing kinda.  I at least won't get us killed. 

Last Monday was a crazy day trying to get ready for transfers.  Sister West had SO much stuff. So much.  My OCD was running rampant as I watched her pile things in an un-organized fashion into her suitcases.  Tuesday Sis Francis came and took Sis West to transfers and I stayed here with Sis Kandare!  It was a lot of fun.  She had to volunteer at the high school library so I got to go back to high school.  Not something I'd ever expect myself to say on my mission, haha, it was terribly uncomfortable.  Mainly because I fit right in, if I put on some pants and took off my name tag.  We also went and saw some less active members.  Sis. Kandare made a wonderful companion!  Sis. Michael didn't get back until about 7:30 that night and we headed straight to an appointment with Leslie and Kenny!  Haha, out of the frying pan and into the fire, but she just jumped right in no problem.

Wednesday we helped Babbs and Ronnie move to Leland!  It was so wonderful to see them finally having a place to live!  The good news is the Elders there contacted them the day after and are currently teaching them!  Babbs has a baptismal date for Nov. 28th! (Dad's Bday!)  So I will get to go. 

Sister Michael, Leslie, Sister Dearden, Kenny
We met with Leslie and Kenny everyday this week to keep up that daily contact before their baptism.  WHICH HAPPENED ON SATURDAY.  THEY ARE BAPTIZED.  I can't adequately express just how I feel.  It was absolutely exhausting though haha, making sure we have a program, people to come, jumpsuits for them to wear, chairs to set up, refreshments served, the font filled, paper work filled out, the list goes on when you have to do all the work a Ward Mission Leader is supposed to do.  But the point is IT HAPPENED!  It is so crazy to think back on when we very first met them and Sis. West and I were like, "These people are nuts!"  And now they are baptized.  It is just so incredible!  I have so much love for them.  It just can't fit into my little heart.  As I watched them both go underneath the water I couldn't help but cry.  Afterwards, we went into the bathroom with Leslie and we just hugged and cried together.  I truly love Sis Michael and I'm so excited for her to be here, but man do I wish Sis. West could have seen their baptism.  Kenny even shed some tears afterwards!  The change in them is so real and so beautiful.  They are some of the best people I've ever met and I am so blessed to have had a chance to be apart of their path back to their Heavenly Father. This gospel is REAL.  It changes lives. 

I want to bear my testimony that the Church of Jesus Christ is the restored true church of God to the Earth.  There may be policies that we do not understand, but what I do understand is the Jesus Christ directs His Church through a living prophet and apostles called of God.  We can trust in Him and He will not lead us astray. 

1 John 3: 19-24
19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
 20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
 21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
 22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
 23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
 24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abidethin us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

God bless!

Love, Sister Dearden 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment