Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Happy Halloween & Happy Three Months


Hello beautiful people back home! 

First things first, Sister West is getting transferred :( But I get to stay here in Wilmington!!  So many crazy emotions the past couple of days.  They didn't tell us until 10:15 on Saturday night and she leaves tomorrow.  So it has been a mad dash to get the apartment clean and her packing.  Also she has been sick ALL week, like really sick. Please pray that I don't get it too!  I've been good and tried to Lysol like everything, but we are with each other literally 24/7.  So it wasn't the most productive week since she has been sick. 

Monday night we saw Janiya at Sister Kandare's house and started making some Halloween treats.  We had a lesson on the Plan of Salvation and we have these visual things that we use to teach kids.  Janiya loved it and at the end she was teaching US the Plan of Salvation using the visuals haha.  We also moved up her baptismal date to Nov. 14 cause she is totally ready!  She comes to church and activity days pretty regularly and she really knows her stuff.  I don't know if it will actually happen on that date since our meetings with her are hit and miss.



Tuesday we did some family history with a less active family the Scarboroughs.  It was super neat we, we were on ancestry.com looking for Bro. Scarboroughs Grandpa in a yearbook, but we didn't know what page.  Bro. Scarborough said "try age 50," sure enough there was a group picture with his grandpa in it!  Then I said, "try page 36," and his class picture was on that page!  Eerie.  We were able to print off ordinances for him and Sis. Scarboroughs’ grandparents and they were done this week by the youth of our ward on Halloween!  We also had another lesson with Babbs and Ronnie at the library!  THEY FOUND A PLACE TO LIVE!, but it's in Lealand. so we won't get to teach them anymore.  Babbs is so solid though.  She is just wonderful and I will miss her so much.  She came 100% ready to hear and accept this gospel!  Ronnie on the other hand is a bit more hesitant, but I think he will come around.  People progress in different ways.  We will probably be helping them move this week!

Wednesday... not much happened, haha.  I think we saw Leslie and Kenny and Sister McCracken.  But Thursday was a busy, busy day!  Sis. McGill wanted to go out with us ALL day and contact less actives.  She is the BOMB.  We have tonnnns of Less-actives in this ward.  There are like 600 people on the ward roster and maybe 50 show up to church.  So we had her meet some of the less actives we work with and a new one, the Inmans.  We also had a lesson with Rachel (the one who was recently baptized in September), which was really awesome and spirit-filled.  The best part of the day was finally having a lesson with Cari!!  We hadn't seen her for almost a month cause things kept coming up, and she FINALLY has a baptismal date!!  Wooh!  However it is all the way in February cause she wants to do it for her birthday and have a fresh start for the year so I most likely won't get to witness it... But she is just wonderful.  She said that she was feeling in her heart that this was right and she will (hopefully) be coming to Leslie and Kenny's baptism to see one! 

Friday we stayed home most of the day because of poor Sister West, but we had the ward Trunk or Treat that night and Leslie and Kenny's baptismal interview, (which they passed!)  The Trunk or Treat was so much fun!  Leslie and Kenny even participated and brought their truck with candy and everything.  They are basically members already :) Babbs came at the beginning and had food with us, and Sister Leonard who is a less active came!  She just got two new foster kids and brought them! It was awesome. 

On Halloween we went over to Sis. Kandare's and made some Halloween treats!  I only took one crappy picture of them so I'm sorry for that.  We then took them to some less-actives.  We didn't go out on Halloween cause there are weirdos out there, especially here.  People get really freaked out about Halloween!  Not a lot of actual trick or treating happens, Trunk or treats are a lot more popular.  So we just went to dinner with the other Sisters at Flaming Amy's Bowl!  It's like Charlie Chows in Salt Lake but BETTER, and bought some Krispy Kreme's to keep up the tradition :) It was kind of a bittersweet Halloween.  I was thinking of ya'll back home for sure! 

Sunday we had Babbs, Kenny, and Leslie all at church.  It was a good Sunday with Sister West talking with and saying goodbye to everyone.  Man I really don't want to get transferred! haha I am just not prepared to do that yet.  It's weird to think I'm just not always going to be here with the same people and everything.  But change is necessary.  Glad I get at least one more transfer here!  I'm excited to see who my new companion is and to have a new start!  And of course, LESLIE AND KENNY ARE GETTIN BAPTIZED SATURDAY.  Leslie was so sad when she found out Sister West is getting transferred.  She said, "I almost don't even want to get baptized anymore" but we were able to convince her to still do it.  Elder Garn who was our district leader this past transfer just got made an Assistant!  So that's exciting stuff. 

I love ya'll so much and I hope ya'll had a wonderful Halloween! 

Love, Sister Dearden 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment