Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry (almost) Christmas!



We have had a real good week here in Wilmington.  We have been hitting the pavement and doing a lot of knocking.  It is really not my favorite thing, I have to mentally prepare myself every time I knock a door haha.  It is just such a bizarre concept, and people can be so awkward.  Yes, I know I am a stranger knocking on your door when it is dark outside and I want to talk to you about Jesus, let's move on now.  We have encountered some really awesome people this week though!  Even if they have said no, they have been really nice about it. 

Tuesday was the Relief Society Christmas Dinner and for part of it they did a play!  You would have liked it mom.  They did a really great job and it was so creative!  It was all centered around how there are angels among us. Wednesday was the funeral of the son of a member of our ward, Sister Odom.  She is older and we had actually had dinner at her house with him there a couple of times.  He had been sick for a long time.  For some reason they asked me to lead the music at the funeral!  It was a very nice service, and most of the family is not LDS, but it was really beautiful.  He was a really great guy and I enjoyed the short time that I knew him.  Wednesday, we were out tracting that night as we do and we came across a family who let us in!  Unbeknownst to us, we had came across the guy earlier a couple weeks ago while he was outside and gave him "A Savior is Born" card!  Their names are Chris and Summer and they have a 6-month old baby Daisy.  We were talking about the video and they were like oh yeah we watched that, it was great! haha it was so great!  We basically prepared them without even knowing it!  Their two nephews were also over and they watched the video with us, but then their parents (Chris' Sister) came and we had to go.  We set up a return appointment for tonight, but they canceled so hopefully we will get up with them again after Christmas! 

Thursday was a super busy day, which was awesome!  We found a new investigator Joy, who was a former investigator that we had called earlier.  She is an interesting lady!  Mostly a confused lady.  She has been involved with all kinds of churches and gets beliefs very messed up.  She told us that we didn't believe in an afterlife haha, she gets us confused with Jehovah's Witnesses.  But she thinks that we are an answer to her prayer and that she was supposed to meet Mormons again!  It will take some time with her, but she has so much potential!  We just kind of have to start from the ground up with her. 

Well I am totally out of time, so I guess I'll just have to tell you more on Friday when I GET TO SEE YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACES!!

This week I studied out of the December Ensign.  My favorite article was "Be at Peace" by D. Todd Christofferson.  He says, "With all of that to come, though, I think it’s appropriate this time of year to just think about that baby in the manger.  Don’t be too overwhelmed or occupied with what is to come; just think about that little baby.  Take a quiet, peaceful moment to ponder the beginning of His life—the culmination of heavenly prophecy but the earthly beginning for Him...I hope you will take time this Christmas season to sit for a few quiet moments and let the Savior’s Spirit warm you and reassure you of the worthiness of your service, of your offering, of your life.  Sit quietly with that little baby and come away spiritually strengthened and better prepared for all that is going to come later.  Let that moment be one of rest and refreshing and reassurance and renewal."

I hope you will all take that peaceful moment and let the Savior's spirit warm you!  I am so grateful to Him and for His life and sacrifice.  My wish is that my love for Him is reflected through my offering to Him, my service, my mission.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid’ [John 14:27].”

MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

post signature 

No comments:

Post a Comment