Thursday, December 17, 2015

...and the verdict is...

I'M STAYING IN WILMINGTON EVERYBODY!  

I was so HAPPY to hear that I get to stay.  I might have teared up a little bit. This past week Sister Michael and I were both really stressed out and I finally realized it was because we thought I was leaving!  So a huge weight has been lifted.  I know I have some more work to do here and it really gave me the motivation to continue working. 

Last Monday, Sister Michael and I had a real good time.  We went to the mall cause I needed to pick some things up from Sephora which is inside the JCPenny's like the one in Layton.  Well they had a whole bunch of Star Wars merchandise on sale so of course we did what every Sister Missionary would do and promptly grabbed all of it and headed to the dressing room.  Enjoy the pictures!  We now have matching Star Wars sweats. 

Confession: I only brought my new planner with me so I don't have what we did this last week and I am struggling to remember haha, so sorry if this email is short. 

Wednesday was Zone Training where the entire Zone gets together and we get well, trained.  It was a really great meeting!  One of our zone leaders gave a spot-on impersonation of our mission president.  It was hilarious!  They gave a great training on how we need to covenant with the Lord in our work.  Basically just making promises to the Lord that we are going to do all we can to make our goals.  We also had a instruction/self evaluation about pride.  I always leave these meetings feeling very rebuked haha but it is good rebuking!  It is needed.  I heard a sister say that "There's just something about a mission that let's you know how much you suck." haha it is easy to get down on yourself since all your weaknesses seem to be out on display on your mission, and I was definitely feeling that way a little bit this week. 

Thursday we went to the beach with Sister Kandare for exercise time!  So that was fun haha

Friday was our Christmas Zone Conference up in Garner so we had to be on our way by 5:30 am. 😰 But I rode in back and got to sleep most of the way.  Oh my gosh was this a good meeting!  For the morning portion we had 3 guest speakers.  There was a theme of overcoming trials.  One had a son with a brain injury, one with a son with special needs, and one who suffers from cerebral palsy.  As you can imagine it was a very spirit-filled and emotional meeting.  The one with Cerebral palsy is in his twenties and is actually a member of the YSA branch in Wilmington.  He uses his iPad to speak for him so he sounds like Stephen Hawking :) It was an incredible and humbling experience to hear them all speak.  There then was a time for testimony sharing.  One elder shared an awesome insight about light.  He said that as we come closer to the one source of light (Christ) the shadows will become more distinct.  Those shadows are our weaknesses.  So if we are noticing our weaknesses we are only just growing closer to our Savior.  How neat is that?!  I just loved that.  The second half of the meeting was a performance portion!  If I had had my Uke or access to one I would have participated.  Sister Michael did though!  She changed the words to Sam Smith's "Stay with Me" to be missionary related and it was beautiful!  She has a great talent. 

Saturday was our ward Christmas party!  I was disappointed that there were not as many ward members there as I expected, but it was still a fun party.  We did have a less active couple come so that was really good.  We sang carols and had dinner and Sister Hill led the carols, which you will see what a hoot she is in the videos. 

Well this week we may not have done a lot of teaching and we may not have found many to teach, but there is still something to learn in every week.  What we do is not dependent on the things that we can control.  I am ready to really buckle down and get some work done.  We have been knocking a whole bunch of doors this week and have been successful in giving out cards that direct them to christmas.mormon.org.  So hopefully we will see the fruit of our labors from that! 
I love ya'll!

Sister Dearden

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment