Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Week (I don't really remember which week this is)

Hello everybody!

My brain is absolute mush so I will do the best I can with this one, but it won't be my best letter so I do apologize.  We had a really busy week, but our numbers don't really reflect it.  We only taught 13 lessons, but I felt like we were so busy!

On Monday we had a zone activity at the beach!  We played football and ultimate Frisbee.  Football wasn't really the best idea cause Elders and Sisters can't touch each other so it was basically the Elders playing football and the Sisters running around trying to get them to pass the ball to them.  But it was still pretty fun cause we are at the beach!  Tuesday was Zone Conference in Hope Mills, which is about 2 hours away and this time we drove ourselves.  It was a loooong day, but it is always great to receive instruction from President and other elders and sisters.  Sister West and I even volunteered to role-play in front of every one.  President congratulated us for practicing :).  Since zone conferences basically take all day they kind of get in the way of our teaching, but that's okay.

Wednesday was a busy day we were able to visit with some less actives and had some really good lessons!  One really cool one was with Sister Scarborough who we visit on a regular basis and do family history with.  She opened up to us about her experience at the temple, and how that has to do with her reason for inactivity.  I was able to relate to her my experience the first time I went to the temple and share some scriptures to help find answers to her questions.

Thursday was going to be a very eventful day until most of our appointments fell through, (typical missionary life).  We did meet with Leslie and Kenny though!  We keep up almost daily contact with them.  We're still unsure if they have quit their E-Cigs.  Kenny says, oh we haven't had them for 3 days! and then he'll say he only does it like once.  It is very confusing.  We have taught them the Word of Wisdom multiply times and I don't know how much more clearly we can explain to them that they need to stop before they are baptized.  It's all very stressful.  I feel like their salvation is in my hands!! But the Lord will help everything work out how it is supposed to.

Friday was an exciting day.  We met Babbs and Ronnie in the downtown library and had a lesson with them! haha.  Never did I think I would be teaching homeless people in the middle of a library also full of other homeless people.  But we had a great lesson on the plan of salvation!  Ronnie knows his Bible so well.  He even brought up the millennium and how the Earth is going to be cleansed.  He's been reading Revelations :)  They STILL haven't found a place to live.  The place they were waiting for they didn't get because of their credit score... They need to have a class at the MTC on how to be social workers for your investigators, because that's basically what we are doing, but we have no resources.  We have had members look up places and actually Leslie and Kenny have told us about lots of places!  Haha, they actually invited Babbs and Ronnie to have dinner at their house.  So we are having dinner at an investigators house with our other investigators... this should be fun.
The best thing about this week was we had 4 investigators come to church!  Kenny, Leslie, Babbs, and Janiya!  We definitely had our hands full, but it was really exciting to have that many people!

Well I'm sorry this letter wasn't the best, my brain is all over the place!  But know that I do love missionary work and I love the people of Wilmington, North Carolina.  The Lord knew what he was doing sending me here!  Even if I don't always realize it ;) I love ya'll!

Love, Sister Dearden

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment