Dearest family and friends,
Transfer news! No
surprise, Sister Tuala and I are staying together for her last transfer! Nearly
all of our district is changing which is super sad cause we have had one heck
of a fun time together, but all good things come to an end right? I'm glad to
be staying though, we aren't done yet I can feel it.
Something that I've
noticed this week is that being a missionary is coming naturally. I'm teaching, testifying, leaving commitments,
following up, promising blessings, the whole shindig and it isn't a conscious
effort anymore. I just do it! Guess it takes 7 months to finally get into the
swing of things. I don't feel like a "new"
missionary anymore and it's true!
I will just focus on
the highlights of this week.
Wednesday I went on
exchange with Sister (Hermana) Fisher! I went to her area and Sister Pouliot
our STL came here. It was my first
exchange in a Spanish area and I loved it!!! Holy cow the work is SO much
easier! haha we taught 7 lessons in one day. No big deal or anything. Sister
Fisher was saying it wasn't great and I was like, I'm gonna stop you right
there, this was an amazing day be grateful! haha Since it is a Spanish area most of the
teaching is in Spanish so I mostly got to sit and observe. It is neat how much you actually can
understand what is going on without understanding the words being said. I got to teach in English a little bit cause a
lot of people understand it. I love the
hispanic people!
We actually switched
our Preparation day to Thursday this week cause our District, mainly just our
district leader, wanted to go to Buffalo Wild Wings when they have a wing deal
on Thursdays. #missionary'sattheirfinest. We got a call that day from a member
in our ward that he was helping a nonmember couple move and needed some help. So we agreed to it thinking we would have time
to do both. However, once we drove all
the way to the restaurant we realized we would not have time and had to drive
all the way back. It was hard to not get
to have that time with our district, but it was definitely worth it! The couple
needed a ton of help packing up and cleaning and they were very appreciative.
They were moving out of our area so we contacted the missionaries in that area
to go help them unload in their new house. Who knows, maybe they will join the church one
day :)
Friday we finally had
our plans work out! We had a member home lesson set up with our investigator,
Alton. It was fantastic! Before the
lesson we had asked the members to teach part of the restoration. They actually
ended up doing most of the teaching, which is exactly what is supposed to
happen. Alton's mom was baptized a
couple of years ago and is now less active :( But Alton's example is going to
bring his whole family back! He is just a good country boy. He is very quiet,
but says the funniest things if you are listening. He is 28 and has decided
that he needed to do some growing up and has just started reading the Bible.
Can you believe that? He accepted a baptismal date for April 16th! He already
knows a lot about the gospel and the commandments and has already started
"cutting back" on coffee. He also came to church yesterday and was an
active participant in gospel principles! I am just so excited about him.
This week was kind of
a week of service! Which is super funny cause just the week before we were thinking
about how we can better find new people to teach and Sister Tuala said,
"Well what would Jesus do?" and I said "Serve!" So Saturday
we helped a lady in the other sisters area paint her apartment before she
moves.
Well that pretty much
sums up the week! We are excited for this next transfer and hope to see more
miracles! Pray that we will find those
elect, ready to receive the good news! Have you ever thought about just how
incredibly blessed we are to have this gospel? Especially during times like these.
We don't hear too much news, but enough to want to not hear any. But we don't have to be scared! We know what is coming and we're ready for it
if we are keeping our covenants and following Christ
.“Shall we not go on in so great a
cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the
victory.” (D&C 128:22)
Love Sister Dearden
No comments:
Post a Comment